Indian Cooking Challenge - Black Sesame Laddoo7:37 PM
For August Indian Cooking challenge, we were given an array of festive recipes and had a choice to choose from them. I chose sesame laddos as i never made them before. This month's challenge was mainly focused on Ganesh Chathurthi preparations.
Now to the recipe,
You Need: ( yields approx 7-8 )
Black sesame seeds - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1/4 cup, grated or powdered
Cashewnuts - 3tbs.
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
1. Wash the seeds throughly and dry them under sun.
2. Heat a pan and dry roast the seeds. let them cool.
3. Take the cooled sesame seeds in a blender and pulse to coarsely break the seeds.
4. Add in the cardamom, jaggery and cashewnuts. pulse to combine all together.
5. Hold the mixture into small individual laddoos.
6. Store in a air tight container.