Pan-Roasted Sardines9:55 PM
A couple of weeks back, we had been to wholefoods market and surprisingly found big, fresh sardines sitting on the seafood aile. We don't get fresh sardines often, so i got a couple pounds and stacked my freezer. I marinated the fish with indian spices and roasted it.
Now to the recipe,
Sardines - 5nos,
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbs
Chilli powder - 2tsp
Coriander powder - 1tsp
Pepper powder - 1tsp
Lime juice - 1tbs
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Yogurt - 1 tbs
salt, to taste
Cleaning the Sardines:
1. Cut the head with a sharp knife.
2. Make a small slit in the stomach area and pullout the
3. Remove the fins on the sides.
4. Hold the sardines under the running cold water and rinse well.
1. Mix all the ingredients in to a fine paste.
2. Apply the paste on the fish and gently massage to coat the fish.
3. Let it sit for atleast 1/2 hour.
4. Heat a heavy bottomed pan (i used a normal non-stick pan), Coat the pan with cooking spray.
5. Place the fish on the pan and leave it for 3-4 minutes on each sides.
6. If you want the fish to be more crispier leave it another 2 minutes on a low flame.
7. Serve hot.