Cauliflower Stir fry4:23 PM
Cauliflower is an delicious vegetable low in fat but high in vitamin C and folate. Both cauliflower and Broccoli are the same species and have similar structures, cauliflower replaces the green flower buds with white...[ source: wikipedia].
This stir fry is an simple and easy dish with lots of flavour in it. It can served as an side dish with breads and rice.
1 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup, chopped onion
2 red chili pepper
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tsp cumin powder
salt, to taste
3 tbs water
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal,curryleaves and chilipepper.
2. Add in the onions and saute until they become translucent.
3. Add in the turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Add the florets and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add the water and let it cook until the florets are done. Do not overcook.
6. Serve hot.
Iam sending this dish to Monthly Mingle: winter fruits and vegetables Hosted by Cook like a Bong organized by Meeta of Whats for Lunch Honey?.