Chicken Fried Rice & a GiveAway6:17 PM
Fried rice usually comes in handy when we are not in a mood to cook an ellaborate meal or there is leftover rice. This one pot meal can be made in a jiffy, whether you make it with vegetables or with chicken. I have chosen the later .
- 2 cups long grain rice, cooked and cooled..
- 1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- 1/4 cup green peas, cooked.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes.
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Marinate the chicken strips with 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp red chili flakes and little salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large wok , add the chicken strips and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes on a high heat until lightly golden.
- Add in the onions, ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, green peas, 1 tbsp soy sauce, scallions and black pepper powder and salt. Toss well to combine until very hot.
- Serve warm.
Now to the GiveAway !
Iam hosting a CSN stores giveaway here in AppetiteTreats. I have selected the following two products from which one can be chosen by the winner !
Hamilton Beach 7 Qt. Slow Cooker in Stainless Steel
- Large capacity cooks an 8 lb. chicken, two 4 lb. roasts & more
- Keep warm setting maintains serving temperature
- Recipes included for meals, soups and side dishes
- Removable dishwasher safe stoneware and lid
- Lid Latch strap included for easier portability
Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown 4.25 Qt. Oval Covered Casserole
- Multiple use stoneware
- Contemporary design
- Available in three colors - Chocolate, Orange and Green
- Use directly from oven to table
- Extra wide handle holes allow you to get a good grip from any angle
- Can be used for serving salads and slaws
- Glazed interior is nonporous
How to enter the Giveaway?
- Follow the blog and Subscribe via email on or before August 13th 2010.
- If you are already a follower of the blog, then go ahead and subscribe via email.
- Leave me a comment saying which one of the two products you would like to win