Happy Valentine's Day!
Here's another chocolate dessert rich and decadent perfect for valentine's day. As the name suggests, Flourless Chocolate cake is made with nothing but rich chocolate, eggs and butter - no flour. It's a guilt-free indulgence with rich and dense chocolate, which will satisfy every chocolate lovers out there.
Here's an video, incase you wonder how to make it, also scroll below to find the printable recipe.
If you make this or any of the recipes from Appetite Treats, be sure to tag #appetitetreats on Instagram or share it in my Facebook page. I would love to see your creations!
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
By Sathya Sankar
Makes an 8-inch cake
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold
- 8 large eggs, chilled
- cocoa powder and powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease and flour a 8-inch springform pan.Cover the sides of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the springform pan in a deep baking dish and fill 3/4th with boiling water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on high for 30seconds, mix and microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Microwave on 30 seconds interval until the butter is melted and chocolate chips starts to melt.
- Mix the chocolate-butter mixture until it turns smooth and silky with all the chocolate melted.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs and using a hand mixer beat until double in volume.
- Fold in half of the chocolate mixture into the beaten eggs. Once incorporated fold in the other half and mix until the mixture is smooth and no streaks of the eggs are visible.
- Pour the mixture into the greased springform pan and smooth the top.
- Place the pan in the water bath and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from water bath and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Cover on top with aluminum foil and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Once chilled, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen it.
- Remove the cake from the pan and dust on top with cocoa powder or powdered sugar before serving.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and link back to Appetite Treats.
- If you are not a great fan of dark chocolate, substitute it with semi-sweet chocolate.
, by Sathya Sankar