Vanilla Cupcakes - Recipe for a perfect moist and fluffy cupcakes1:38 PM
I made 3 batches of these cupcakes for my husband's birthday which was in october. The cupcakes were so light and fluffy and turned out perfect everytime i baked. I used Italian Meringue Buttercream to ice the cupcakes but they were wonderful without the icing too.
This is one of the fool proof recipe i use even for layered cakes and they withhold the fondant decorations very well. The recipe calls for Self-rising flour which already has leavening agent in it which produces the light and fluffy texture for the cakes.
By Sathya Sankar
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- 150g Unsalted butter, softened
- 150g Caster sugar
- 150g Self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 315°F. Line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar in medium speed until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl in between.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour and vanilla, beat until just combined.
- Fill each muffin case about two-thirds full. Bake for around 20 minutes until they bounce back on touch.
- Leave to cool for few minutes and then turn out on a wire rack.
- Decorate your cupcakes with desired frosting and enjoy!
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and link back to
- This cake recipe will work well for a 6inch round cake, baked for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- You can also use this cake as a base for fondant and buttercream cakes.
- Self-rising flour already has leavening agent added to it. So i did not add baking powder to the recipe.
- If you do not have self-rising flour, just combine 1 cup all purpose flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix well.