Chocolate Fruit Cake Truffles2:05 PM
Chocolate Fruit cake truffles are wonderful treats to serve in a party. Made with left over fruit cake from christmas, these decadent truffles are an ideal treat to serve your guests. Its not too late, make these for your new years eve party and impress your guests.
If you make this or any of the recipes from Appetite Treats, be sure to tag #appetitetreats on Instagram or share it in my Facebook page. I would love to see your creations!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
CHOCOLATE FRUIT CAKE TRUFFLES
By Sathya Sankar
Makes about 15 truffles
- 2 slices of fruit cake to make 1/2 cup of crumbs
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
TO COAT THE TRUFFLES
- color sprinkles
- desiccated coconut
- cocoa powder
- crushed almonds
- Using the food processor or your hands crumble the fruit cake into fine crumbs.
- Place the chocolate morsels into a mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream for 40 seconds on medium-high.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and stir well until all the chocolate is melted and mixed well.
- Add in the crumbled fruit cake and mix well without any big lumps.
- Cover the mixture with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge. Using a Tablespoon measure, roll the mixture into balls and place on the lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Now toss each balls in sprinkles, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or crushed almonds.
- Refrigerate the truffles for 30 minutes or until firm and enjoy!
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and link back to Appetite Treats.
- Instead of using dark chocolate, you can use all semi sweet chocolate.
- You can also coat the balls in melted chocolate to make a hard shell.
- If the balls stick to your hands while rolling, just dip your hands in water and then roll.