Pistachio Cardamom Pound Cake7:10 PM
Pistachio Cardamom Pound Cake, the name has it all. This cake is a heavenly combination of the sweet-floral note from the cardamom and the nutty texture form the pistachios. I have never added cardamom to a cake before and i was totally surprised. Give this cake a try and you will definitely fall in love with the flavors.
If you make this or any of the recipes from Appetite Treats, be sure to tag #appetitetreats on Instagram or share it in my Facebook page. I would love to see your creations!
PISTACHIO CARDAMOM PUND CAKE
By Sathya Sankar
Makes one 9x5inch loaf
- 2 cups(200g) cake flour, sifted
- 2 sticks(227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups(250g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup(80ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground pistachios, shelled and unsalted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a 9x5inch loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with paddle attachment cream butter on medium high for 5 minutes.Gradually add sugar and continue to cream for about 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl for even mixing.
- Reduce the speed to low and add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture alternating with the heavy cream and ground pistachios in three additions. Do not over mix.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 1hour and 15minutes. The cake should be golden brown and tooth pick inserted should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos without prior permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words and link back to Appetite Treats.
- Oven time may vary, so keep an eye on the cake close to 1hour mark.
- If the cake starts to brown on top before its cooked through, loosely cover on top with a foil and continue to bake.
- If you dont prefer cardamom powder, replace it with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.